Does permanent makeup hurt?

Does permanent makeup hurt?

Some areas of the face are more sensitive than others. For example, the eyeliner and lip procedures can be a little more sensitive than the eyebrow area. The reason for this is that the skin on the eyelids is extremely thin. Many clients have said that it’s not actually the needle that causes any discomfort, it is in fact the wiping of the eyes can irritate them somewhat.

Does permanent makeup on lips hurt?

When considering the lips, they are a very vascular area which automatically increases the potential for discomfort – we all know what it’s like when we’ve had a spot on our lip, a bit of an eye-waterer! Lips are densely packed with nerve endings which is great when kissing but doesn’t serve us so well when it comes to permanent makeup!

Anaesthetic used for permanent makeup

The anaesthetic is in a cream form (so not injected as many think!). It is applied to the skin and left on for 20 minutes while we do the consultation and colour matching. Once the skin is numb we begin working and more anaesthetic is applied regularly throughout the procedure to ensure everything stays as numb as possible. It is actually very effective and I haven’t had a client yet that couldn’t tolerate any of the procedures.

I’ve asked my clients where, on a scale of 1 – 10 (with 10 being unbearable) they would rate the discomfort and the answers vary from 1-3. In all honestly, I’d say a good 90% of my clients nod off when I’m doing their eyebrows and the other 10% are only awake because they’re chatting so much! Most find the whole process far less stressful than they initially anticipated and when they come back for their retouch procedure a few weeks later they are lots more relaxed.

Win a £50 treatment voucher!

Enter our competition to win a fabulous £50 off any treatment!

We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time. Powered by ConvertKit
No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.